Monday 1 September 2008

I wish I had never bought

I wish I had never bought…A Sony Minidisk PlayerA couple of years ago I bought a minidisk player to listen to my music on the way to school, I bought one as it was the new alternative to a portable CD player. There were lots of advantages to the idea, as the product was smaller, lighter, and the tracks didn’t skip when you played them on the move. The other good thing about the product is the way you could use it as a high quality cassette, choosing songs and making your own minidisk with a variety of music tracks. This was not as good as it seemed as you had to spend a lot time recording minidisks from your CD’s. Minidisks were available to purchase, however they were very expensive, and there was a very limited choice of music available on the format.The main reason that I wish I had never bought a Minidisk player is the fact that they were released just as mp3 players were being developed. People hadn’t really started to use their computers to store their music, and the few mp3 players that were available were very expensive. Just as minidisks became fairly popular ipods and other mp3 players were released as being more affordable, and most companies just abandoned the idea of minidisks.I don’t think that minidisk players were particularly bad products as they were a much better alternative to what was available at the time, I just think that they were a product that never really caught on and was quickly superseded.

No comments: